||Welcome to AIRCOSAVER - the Air Conditioning Energy Saver|
Energy efficiency: the smart answer to today's energy crisis!
Improving energy efficiency is the bestShort-term answer to today’s energy problems
Energy efficiency improvements of today's airconditioning systems are by far the quickest, most affordable and most effective way to reduce CO2 emissions and lower your energy bill.
And the good thing is: It's easy with an AIRCOSAVER!
Until cleaner and sustainable sources of energy become available on a large scale, improving the energy efficiency of today’s systems is the best way to reduce CO2 emissions and save energy. And the best thing is: Everyone can contribute!
Air Conditioning has a huge potential for efficiency improvements
Air conditioning is one of the largest energy consumers in the residential and commercial/industrial sector. Thousands of air conditioners put high demand on the electricity networks. On a smaller scale, air conditioning probably accounts for a significant part of your energy bill.
Many existing air conditioners use old and quite inefficient technology. Although improved technology has become available in more expensive systems (e.g. inverter technology), the payback time of these systems is still very long.
Instead of investing a lot of money into an expensive new system, there is an easy and affordable way to improve the energy efficiency of your unit – Upgrade it with an AircoSaver.
- Is an electronic control unit which adds state-of-the art intelligence to air conditioning systems and improves their energy efficiency.
- Achieves average energy savings of between 20% and 30% resulting in a short payback period.
- Is a retrofit product to upgrade existing units.
Why Use An AircoSaver?
When switched on, typical air conditioning systems operate continuously until the room thermostat senses the desired temperature and turns the system off. As the room warms up, the thermostat switches the air conditioner back on and the cycle repeats. Air conditioning systems are usually dimensioned to cope with the extreme cooling demands of the few hottest days of the year (plus a safety margin). However, in most operational conditions, this maximum output is not required and the system is oversized. So running the system continuously until the room thermostat switches it off means that the system operates with excess capacity most of the time.
A typical cooling cycle with excess capacity looks like this:
- When the cycle starts, the compressor pushes cooling energy into the heat exchanger which acts as an energy storage. At this stage, the system works with high efficiency because compressors operate most efficiently when fully loaded.
- In normal weather conditions, the energy storage is soon fully "charged up". From this point onwards, the compressor provides more cooling energy than the heat exchanger can take up (thermodynamic saturation).
- Running the compressor beyond this stage does not increase the cooling effect any more. it's just a waste of energy!
How Does The AircoSaver Work?
The AircoSaver compensates for the shortcomings of typical air conditioning systems by adding intelligence. It’s sensor-driven software algorithms are designed to detect thermodynamic saturation and to optimize the compressor accordingly. When overcapacity is detected, the Aircosaver switches the compressor off and avoids inefficient overcooling. Your unit switches into "saver mode". The fan keeps running and your system makes maximum use of the stored cooling energy in the heat exchanger. Once the stored energy is used up, the compressor can work efficiently again and is switched back on. The set room temperature is reached without the inefficient parts of the cooling cycle. This results in significant energy savings, 20-30%, without compromising cooling comfort. Since the correct point to switch the compressor varies from unit to unit and changes with different weather conditions, the AircoSaver is constantly adapting its settings to ensure efficient operation of your air conditioning system at all times.
The AircoSaver is an easy and inexpensive way to make most air conditioners much more cost effective. Any electrician or HVAC technician can install an AircoSaver in less than 30 minutes. The total cost for both the AircoSaver and installation will have a return on investment of less than 24 months!
The AIRCOSAVER is a retrofit electronic control unit that adds intelligence and reduces the energy consumption to air conditioning systems AIRCOSAVER saves 20-30% kWh and extends compressor life.
- Sensor driven software algorithms designed to detect thermodynamic saturation and optimize compressor run times.
- Provides anti-short cycling; mandatory compressor off time after thermostat reaches set point (3 min) or loss of power (1 min).
- Reduces equipment operating temperature and prevents evaporator freeze-over by properly cycling the compressor.
- Constantly adapting its settings to inside demand requirements & outside weather conditions.
Since the correct point to switch the compressor varies from unit to unit and changes with different weather conditions, the AIRCOSAVER is constantly monitoring the cooling status of your aircon unit and adapting its settings to ensure efficient operation of your air conditioning system at all times.
Protecting your unit against short cycling
Cycling the compressor too frequently in too short time intervals may harm the compressor and must be avoided. For this reason, the AIRCOSAVER features a built-in anti short
Besides the continuous anti short cycling protection, the AIRCOSAVER also adds a delay upon power-on to your unit. This valuable feature protects your aircon unit against damages from short power outages like they are common in many developing countries.
Features & Benefits
Easier to install
- Separate versions for different power supplies to make installation easier and cheaper (no need to fit an additional transformer)
- Significantly increased current switching capacity - no need to install an additional relay for most applications
- Each version now available with or without tension relief for the wiring to enable internal or external mounting of the AIRCOSAVER
Higher savings due to improved software algorithm
- Optimized parameter settings for higher savings at no noticeable decrease in cooling comfort
- Savings algorithm of the standard AIRCOSAVER customized for residential and light commercial units (please contact us for special versions for use in larger cooling systems)
Further product features
- New housing made of non-flammable, shock-proof polycarbonate (UL94-V0)
- Compliant to UL and CE regulations
Developed and manufactured in Germany to highest quality standards.
References / Case Studies
See "References" section. Click here